This week, years 3 and 4 will be learning that the internet is a non-linear place. This is technical way of saying you can go to anywhere, from anywhere depending on where you click. When you can click to get somewhere else, you are using something called a hyperlink.
Have a look at this Newsround page – how many different pages or websites can you get to from here and what can you find on them. Leave a comment below with anything interesting you have found on this page.
We will also learn how to create our own hyperlinks in Microsoft Word. To do this follow the steps below:
1. Open Word
2. Copy and paste the text from this post into Word:
3. To insert a hyperlink in Word:
– find the webpage you want to link to
– copy the URL (the address at the top, starting with http)
– then highlight the text you want to hyperlink in word
– click on go to the insert menu and choose hyperlink
– paste the URL into the ‘link to’ field
– click OK
4. Your challange is to insert hyperlinks into word to make the text ‘3 dimensional’. Watch the video at the bottom of this post to see an example.
Lemon and Herb – insert a hyperlink to a class blog
Mild – insert a hyperlink to a specific page on a class blog
Hot – link to multiple pages
Extra Hot – add your own text to link to other pages