1. Look at the top right of your screen and click on the magnifying glass to search for an app. Type in Pages – you will see this:
2. Open Pages.
3. Create a new blank pages document in landscape format:
4. Click on ‘shapes’ on the toolbar
Choose a line, either with or without arrows, then stretch it across the whole width of the page, keeping it horizontally level:
5. Add in another line, rotate it through 90 degrees so that it is vertical, and place at right angles on to your first line on the left hand side. This will be the first event on your timeline. It will look like this:
6. Click on on the tool bar.
Drag and resize your text box and attach it to the first line on your timeline.
7. Now go to the timeline on the computing blog (you will find it below this post) and select the first event you are going to include on your timeline. Copy it using one of the methods we looked at last week. Adjust the font size and line spacing so that the text fits in your text box, leave space for a picture at the bottom.
8. Now open google. Search for the item you have pasted in to your time line and choose images. We are going to use copyright free images only. Click on ‘Search tools’ and bring down the the item which says ‘Not filtered by licence’. Change this to ‘Labeled for noncommercial use’. Now the images will be copyright free which means you can use them on your timeline.
Remember – we are using filters in school which restrict content in google images to that which is appropriate for your age.
9. Copy your chosen and image, resize and paste in to your text box. It should look like this:
Repeat steps 5-9 to add more items to your timeline. Eventually your time line should look like this:
10. Now save your work into your own folder – remember to save a version for both members of your group.